Templates are a convenient way to save a range of Events and apply them to the schedule for future dates. This is a big time saver if your schedule mostly stays the same day-to-day or week-to-week.
You can create many Templates, which is extremely handy when scheduling is decentralized across multiple sites, teams or queues. This allows each group the flexibility to manage their own Template, without affecting the Template of other groups.
How to save a Template
- Create a Schedule for a day or week at a time. If creating a schedule for a specific site or team, we suggest applying those Filters to your view prior to building out your schedule.
- Once all your events are added to the schedule and saved you can click "Templates" > Save Template
- The 'Save Template' modal allows you to name your Template and confirms what date/time range and agents you're saving for. Please note, if you've already applied Filters prior to building our your schedule these should persists in the Save Template modal.
- Once filled out, click 'Save'
- Title: The desired title for the Template.
- Description: A short description of the Template. This is helpful when you have different leads or managers applying Templates for your Agents
- Template Length: This confirms what view you're saving the Template e.g. day, or week
- Date Range: This confirms the time period in which you are saving the schedule as a Template. The date range should be consistent with your view in the Staffing Timeline
- Events to Save: All Events means that you will save the Template for all Agents; Subset of Events means that you're only saving for the Agents that are associated with the filters you've set. If you're wanting to save for a subset of agents, we suggest applying the filters prior to building our and saving the Template.
- Timezone: This should be the default time zone your staffing timeline is in. We would not recommend changing this option.
Applying a Template
In the Staffing Timeline, Select Templates > Apply Template. This will bring up a modal that allows you to select which Template you want to apply and how the Events in the Template are applied to future periods.
- Repeats: Use “does not repeat” if you want to apply the Template one-off; otherwise select “repeats”
- Date range: Select the time period you want the Template to be applied to
- Event conflicts: allows you 3 different options around how you want any conflicts to be applied. 'Keep Manually edited events' will delete any Events created from a previous Template, but will keep any PTO or manually added Events. 'Replace all Events' will override all Events (including any PTO or manually inputted Events). 'Allow conflicts' will allow you to see which Events from the Template conflicts with existing Events. You can resolve the conflicts directly afterwards.
Editing a Template
Any changes made in the Staffing Timeline will not impact your Template. To edit a Template you'll need to go Staffing > Templates. From there you can
- Open the Template you want to make changes to
- To edit Events on the schedule you'll use the same features when building out the schedule; e.g copy/paste and drag to create. Make sure to click Save in the bottom left corner once Event changes are made.
- To change the Title or Description of a Template, you can select "Edit" in the top right corner.