Our Google Calendar Integration has two main components:
- Syncing events from Assembled --> Google Calendar
- Syncing events from Google Calendar --> Assembled
To start, go to the Integrations page.
From there, you will be presented with a few options.
Syncing events from Assembled into Google Calendar:
- Add events to My Calendar: Each event that is created in Assembled will be copied to the calendar you select. Use this if you want everything in one place and/or if you want other teams to have visibility into your schedule for potential meetings.
- Add events to a separate calendar: Assembled will a create separate calendar called "Assembled Calendar". Events will be copied from Assembled to the separate calendar rather than to your main calendar.
Syncing events from Google Calendar into Assembled:
- Read events from My Calendar: Each event that appears on the linked calendar will automatically be synced into assembled. Note: It may take a minute before you see a newly created event show up in Assembled.
If you've decided to enable Add events to My Calendar or Read events from My Calendar, you'll be prompted to select an account to authorize.
Once you've completed this step, your events in Assembled will be synced to/from the calendar you selected.
If you've chosen to enable Add events to a separate Assembled Calendar, you'll immediately see the Assembled Calendar available to select within "Other calendars".
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I delete a google calendar event in Assembled?
It depends! If the event was synced from Google Calendar into Assembled then we will not delete the original Google Calendar event. if the event was originally created from an Assembled event, then the event will be automatically deleted.
Can I have both Add events to My Calendar and Read events from My Calendar enabled at the same time?
Yes! We've spent a lot of time making sure you can mix and match all the different parts of our Google Calendar integration in whichever way you see fit.
What if I want to Unsync a Google Calendar?
If you would like to disable reading events from your calendar, please have an admin reach out to us at [email protected].
If you would like to disable adding events to your calendar, please contact an admin or manager. They can do this in product by visiting the Team page.
How do I configure what events are synced from a Google Calendar into Assembled?
We have a powerful event mapping system that allows administrators / managers to control how Google Calendar events flow into Assembled. Read more here.