For customers using the Assembled Zendesk app to track agent states.
In order to keep your data clean, you need to make sure all agents are following the simple start of day & end of day workflows so that their agent states are tracked correctly.
Cal time Chrome extension for accurate agent state tracking
Occasionally agents can get stuck in an ‘Offline’ state when using the Zendesk app for agent state tracking. This happens because if an agent has multiple browser tabs of Zendesk, and closes one, Assembled gets an ‘Offline’ state even though another browser tab of Zendesk is still open.
We have a Chrome extension that will prevent agents from opening multiple tabs of Zendesk in Chrome. This way, we can ensure we get correct agent state data from Zendesk. The Chrome extension can be downloaded here.
Simple click “Add to Chrome” and “Add extension” in the panel pop-up. This will give the extension the ability to check your tabs and prevent an additional Zendesk tab from opening.
When starting the day:
- Log into Zendesk
- Click on the Assembled app icon in Zendesk in the top bar and make sure you are logged into Assembled
- The app should load and show your schedule for the day like the screenshot above
- If using AUX codes, clock in to your first event
- Throughout the day, make sure you only have one tab of Zendesk open. Multiple tabs can cause agents to appear as offline when they are not
When ending the day:
- If using AUX codes, clock out of your event
- Do close our browser or log out of Zendesk
- Do not just close your laptop without closing your browser
- This can cause agents to become stuck in a state
If running into issues:
- Hard refresh your browser (
Cmd + Shift + Rif on a Mac, and
Cntrl + F5if on a PC)