Chatbots are becoming increasingly common ways of serving your customers, and we want to ensure that we can best support your evolving business. This article will lay out the two most common ways that chatbots can be used in your support teams and what actions to take based on your needs.
1. Chatbot-only conversations
Definition : Conversations where the entire conversation is with a chatbot. There are two scenarios :
a) External to your contact platform
- In this scenario, the conversation with the chatbot takes place completely outside of your contact platform and is not stored as a ticket within your contact platform.
- No action needed from an Assembled perspective as these will not show up in Assembled.
b) Stored in your contact platform
- In this scenario, the conversation with the chatbot is stored as a ticket within your contact platform.
- To entirely exclude the conversation from Assembled:
- To segment these conversations into a distinct queue:
- If you want to include the conversation and forgo segmenting, no action needed.
- We generally would not recommend this option as your chatbot tickets would be mixed in with your agent-handled tickets from a forecasting and ticket metrics standpoint.
2. Hybrid chatbot conversations
Definition : Conversations where a portion of the conversation is with a chatbot and a portion is with an agent and both portions are included in the ticket within your contact platform.
- To remove the portion of the conversation that is bot-handled from Assembled’s average handle time (AHT):
- Please reach out to our support team so that we can enable this for you.
- Currently we only support this for Kustomer’s conversational assistant chatbot, however, please let us know if your chatbot setup works in this way so that we can look into supporting this.
- If you do not wish to remove the bot-handled portion from AHT, no action needed.
If you have any questions, thoughts or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out !