Events are the blocks of time you use to schedule your team. In Assembled we categorize events in three ways:
Default - default event types, also known as non-productive events, are events that are not related to a channel your team supports. Examples: meetings, 1:1's, project time, breaks or lunch.
Time off - time off events are for events like vacation, holiday or sick time. These events will be associated with time-off requests agents can submit.
Productive - productive events are events that are associated with a channel your team supports and will impact your required staffing. Example: email, phone, or chat events.
No support team’s schedule is identical and we built Assembled such that you can customize the type of Events that appear on your team schedule! That said, when first logging into the platform you'll be provided with a few events already created:
You can edit or delete any of these events to meet your use case!
Creating a new event:
Go to Settings > Event types. Click
Add event type.
You'll be prompted to fill out a form to create a new event.
- You'll need to fill out :
- Display name
- Background color - (you can see a preview in the Event preview section).
- Text color (you can see a preview in the Event preview section).
- Classification - what type of event this should be (default, time off, productive).
- If you select productive you will then be prompted to select which channel(s) this event type should be counted towards.
- Zendesk time tracking - if you want the event to show up in the Zendesk app (this will show up only you if you have the aux codes feature enabled).
- Override Google Calendar availability - this is if you have the Assembled --> Google Calendar integration.
Once filled out, click
Add event typeto save the event.
And that's it! Once you've created the new event you can find it in the Event types page and select it as an event when scheduling.