In the Staffing timeline page, viewing and formatting schedules can be done quite easily using the compressed toolbar as well as the filter bar. Please find an outline of how to use these below:
Adjusting the time period
- The date selector lets you fully customize what date range you would like to view and the Today dropdown lets you quickly hop to preset dates.
- You can click on the left and right arrows to move the timeline forward or backward by the selected date increment.
Adjusting the zoom
- Using the
Zoom outand fullscreen buttons, you can change how large the timeline is. This is especially useful when you are trying to view a longer time range (for example a week or a month).
Customizing timezones, columns, and metrics
- Click the clock icon to customize what timezone you would like to view your timeline in.
- Clicking on the tab icon brings up a popup that lets you add extra columns to provide more context in the schedule.
- Some common use cases we’ve seen are:
Pulling in information about the agent’s team, specialization, and location into the schedule.
Adding columns to sum up how much time is spent for specific event types.
- These custom columns can be added to either the right or left side of the schedule. You can give the column a unique name under Column title and select the Column type from the available list in the drop-down menu.
Metricsbutton lets you add or remove rows that show up in the schedule header.
- Available metrics include:
Forecast - count of the projected support volume at the interval (corresponds to the red line displayed when you select Contacts).
- Forecasted SLA - count of projected SLA at the interval.
SLA - count of SLA at any interval (corresponds to the red line displayed when you select Service Level).
Distinct agents - count of how many people are staffed at the interval. Note that unlike Scheduled staffing, it will count anyone who is staffed within that interval. For example, if you're looking at the interval 10:00-11:00 and someone is scheduled from 10-10:30 am, they will show up as 1 under Distinct agents but 0.5 in Scheduled staffing.
Scheduled staffing - number of people scheduled at any given interval (this takes into account how much of the interval they are staffed at). For example, if you're looking at the interval 10:00-11:00 and someone is scheduled from 10-10:30 am, they will show up as 0.5 in Scheduled staffing.
Required staffing - number of people that need to be staffed at any given interval.
Net staffing - difference between Scheduled staffing and Required staffing.
- Scheduled hours - number of hours scheduled at any given interval.
- Required hours - numbers of hours that need to be scheduled at any given interval.
- Net hours - difference between Scheduled hours and Required hours.
- We provide you the option to import a CSV into the schedule or export the CSV if you'd like to see it on spreadsheets for more custom reporting.
- To export your schedule click on the
- You'll then be prompted to select the format you want to download :
- As well as additional filters :
- Once you're ready to export click
- Before uploading a schedule, we recommend exporting the schedule for that time range to use as a template for your upload. Note: use the staffing timeline format in the export.
- Once you're ready to upload click on the
- You'll then be prompted to choose a file and select the option to overwrite conflicts (recommended) or allow conflicts.
- Once you're ready to upload click
- Some errors you might run into:
- Agent does not exist --> check the import ID
- Event type does not exist --> check the event types under Settings > Event types.
- Show mouse line - shows a dotted line wherever your mouse is that tells you the exact time your mouse is currently at.
- Show event times - shows the start time and duration of events in the event block if it fits. The times also display and update on drag.
Hiding unscheduled agents - is a quick way to filter the schedule to show only the agents scheduled for the day or week selected.
- Hide event sources - hides if the event is coming from Assembled or Google Calendar.
Searching for people
- This search bar lets you view a specific agent and makes it easier to edit their schedules specifically.
- This allows you to filter the view to specific event types. For example, you could use it to view all scheduled lunches, or how many people are off today.
- Simply select the events you want to filter and click
Update filters. You can remove the filters by unchecking the event under
- This allows you to do a custom sort against many rules. The most common one we see is sorting by event start time, followed by the agent name.
- Note: Regardless of the sorting options, a logged-in agent will always see their schedule at the top of the schedule.
- This lets you filter for specific agents to show. For example you can only show agents on a specific team which makes it easier to view that schedule flow.
Please sign in to leave a comment.