Assembled can pull live agent states and contact data from your Amazon Connect instances across multiple regions. Here's how to get started:
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Integration Directory in the Assembled app, and look for Amazon Connect
- Click Add, then Get started in the window that pops up:
Adding a region
You will need admin level permissions for Connect, CloudFormation, Kinesis,
S3, and IAM in your AWS account. It may be easier to have an engineer/admin
on your team perform the following steps for you.
- Click the link in the first step. This will prompt you to log into the AWS Console and take you to a CloudFormation quick create page
- The stack will default to
us-east-1, but you can change the region via the dropdown in the top-right corner:
- Check off the acknowledgment on the bottom and click Create Stack
- You will be directed to a status page. After a few minutes, you should see the stack created successfully with a CREATE_COMPLETE status
- Navigate to the Connect dashboard in the AWS, and click on your instance alias > Data Streaming in the side panel. Check off Enable data streaming.
- Under Contact Trace Records, select Kinesis Firehose. In the dropdown, pick the delivery stream that was created by the CloudFormation template, it will have a name formatted as
- Under Agent Events, select
assembled-agent-events-streamfrom the dropdown
- Switch back to the Assembled app and click Next. Input your AWS Account ID, the region you just set up, and Connect Instance ARN
- You can find your Connect Instance ARN by navigating to the Connect dashboard > clicking on your instance alias > Overview > Distribution Settings:
- On the next page, you can click + Add Region to set up additional regions. You can also set these up later in Settings > Integrations > Teamwide Integrations
Adding Historical Contact Data
Check out Exporting Contact Trace Records in Amazon Connect to import historical contacts into Assembled.