How to get started
- Open up Zendesk and click on the App icon at the far right to toggle on/off your Zendesk Apps. You can also click on the Assembled icon at the top right of the page to open up Cal.
Tip: If you can’t immediately find Cal in the Zendesk App sidebar, try scrolling up or down: your Zendesk administrator has control of which apps are installed so you might have to scroll down to find Cal.
“Ask a question” mode
- You can use Cal in “Ask a question” mode by default: this will allow you to type questions into the box and have a conversation with Cal.
- If you click on “Cal, please help me with my ticket” button which will take the information from the ticket directly and provide Cal’s take on how the ticket can be answered.
- At the bottom of Cal’s answer, you can click to open up the sources that Cal used by clicking the “Retrieved” button.
- If Cal’s answer was helpful, you can click on “Write customer reply” to turn that answer into a customer reply. Cal will magically fill out your reply form, so just sit back and relax!
- If you want to tweak Cal’s customer reply at all, you can use the followup buttons to make Cal’s reply shorter, longer, more professional, etc. If you want to customize your response more than the options available, you can just ask Cal to please rephrase his reply in a different format or tone via the message menu.
“Draft a reply” mode
- You can also use Cal in “Draft a reply” mode: you’ll be able to type bullet points or a short set of answers and ask Cal to rephrase the response.
- This mode is really useful when you already have an answer but are looking for help writing an empathetic response. Cal will use your company’s style guide and try to match up as closely as possible with the way you’ve sent responses in the past.
(In case you don’t like reading things)