Important note before getting started:
Amazon Connect does not use a standard REST API for integration purposes and requires setting up data streaming. Setting this up requires good working knowledge of Amazon Connect and the proper permissions.
Furthermore, Amazon Connect only supports one data stream at a time and Assembled requires a Kinesis Firehose to S3 stream.
Assembled can pull live agent states and contact data known as Contact Trace Records (CTRs) in Amazon Connect, from your Amazon Connect instances across multiple regions. This information is used in forecasting for scheduling purposes, reporting and Assembled's Realtime dashboard.
Streaming Data For Your First Region
Setting Up Data Streaming
- Click the link in the first step in the integration flow in the Assembled app. This will prompt you to log into the AWS Console and take you to a CloudFormation quick create page
- The stack will default to
us-east-1, but you can change the region via the dropdown in the top-right corner:
- Check off the acknowledgment on the bottom and click Create Stack
- You will be directed to a status page. After a few minutes, you should see the stack created successfully with a CREATE_COMPLETE status
- Navigate to the Connect dashboard in the AWS, and click on your instance alias > Data Streaming in the side panel.
STOP: At this point, if you see that you already have data streaming for Amazon Connect, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your CSM to complete setup.
- Check Enable data streaming.
- Under Contact Trace Records, select Kinesis Firehose. In the dropdown, pick the delivery stream that was created by the CloudFormation template, it will have a name formatted as
- Under Agent Events, select
assembled-agent-events-streamfrom the dropdown
- Switch back to the Assembled app and click Next. Input your AWS Account ID, the region you just set up, and Connect Instance ARN
- You can find your Connect Instance ARN by navigating to the Connect dashboard > clicking on your instance alias > Overview > Distribution Settings:
- On the next page, you can click + Add Region to set up additional regions. You can also set these up later in Settings > Integrations > Teamwide Integrations
Adding Historical Contact Data
If this is a new data stream, Amazon Connect will only stream new data from the point of creation onwards. In order to pull in historical CTR data in Assembled to view data in the past or generate a forecast, you will need to export the data from Amazon Connect and provide it to Assembled to do a one-time upload in to our platform.
For more information about how to do this, please visit our help article on how to upload historical CTR data to Assembled.