Table of Contents
Preparing your Zendesk messaging tickets for Assembled
Before you connect your Zendesk instance to Assembled, we recommend working with your team’s Zendesk administrator to prepare your Zendesk data as follows:
- Assembled pulls in Zendesk messaging tickets through the Zendesk support integration.
- By default, Zendesk messaging tickets show up in the email channel, however, if you are interested in having all or a subset show up in the chat channel please reach out to our Support team.
- Ticket fields : Assembled can create queues based on one of the following ticket fields. If you plan to separate your Zendesk messaging data into multiple queues within Assembled, you should ensure that each Zendesk messaging ticket has one of the following fields:
- Group ID
- Ticket tag
- Ticket form ID
- Brand ID
- Via channel
Connecting to Zendesk messaging
Using Zendesk messaging assumes that you are already using the Zendesk integration. If you have not done so already, please set up the Zendesk integration following the instructions in this page.
Setting up Assembled queues for Zendesk messaging
To set up your Assembled queues for Zendesk messaging integration, we recommend following the steps in our queue configuration guide.
- Any cases for which the channel field is blank will be automatically excluded from Assembled.
- By default Zendesk messaging tickets will show up in the email channel. If you would like tickets to show up in the chat channel, please reach out to support.
- Within Assembled, you can create queues based on the following Zendesk attributes:
Setting up Assembled agent states for Zendesk Messaging
To track adherence for Zendesk Messaging, Assembled provides 2 options based on your internal set up:
- If you are using Zendesk's unified agent statuses and wish to track adherence via these statuses, please refer to this article on how to set them up in Assembled.
- If you are not using Zendesk's unified agent statuses, please refer to this help center article.
- Q: How is handle time calculated ?
- A: Handle time is calculated on the entire Zendesk ticket. This means if you have a ticket that starts out as a Zendesk message (5 mins) and then a follow up is created in Zendesk support (1hr) the handle time will be Zendesk message + Zendesk support (1hr 5mins).
- Q: If a Zendesk message is assigned to Agent A and then escalated to Agent B in a Zendesk support ticket, who gets the credit for the ticket ?
- A: In this case, Agent B would show up as the assignee.
- Q: What does messages sent in Team performance capture ?
- A: This metric only counts email follow up messages by the Zendesk agent.