Please contact the Assembled team at email@example.com if you’re in need of more information or getting started with our Workday integration.
Note: Workday is a paid add-on. Due to the complexity of configuring and maintaining the integration, we treat it as a premium HR integration. Please see our Pricing page for additional details.
What does it do?
Our Workday integration syncs approved time off and leaves of absence from Workday → Assembled, improving schedule accuracy and reducing administrative toil and errors (often from dual-entering data).
Setting up in Workday
Our Workday integration relies on Workday’s Reports-as-a-Service (RaaS) functionality.
Setting up the RaaS endpoints
Usually, a Workday admin will complete this step.
We’ll need you to create two or three RaaS endpoints for us, depending on what types of time off you'd like to sync in.
Here are some cursory details about the endpoints we'll need. For full specifications, please refer to the PDF exports from Workday that are attached at the bottom of this page.
- [Required]: Worker details
- We use this endpoint to associate People in Assembled with their corresponding Worker in Workday.
- [Required]: Time off details
- This is the transaction ID that Workday assigns to the time off instance.
- This is the ID of the employee who is taking the time off.
- When this field is included, corresponding event types will be created that match what's received from Workday.
- [Optional]: Leave of absence details
- Note that we will need all leave of absence (including past leave of absence) to be returned here — this is necessary for us to be able to detect canceled instances of leave of absence.
- This is the transaction ID that Workday assigns to the leave instance.
- This is the ID of the employee who is taking the leave of absence.
Our Workday integration is read-only and one-way. That is, changes made to events in Assembled will not be reflected back to Workday. And we sync only approved time off, not pending requests.
- After time off or leave has been approved, it can take up to 15 minutes to sync into Assembled.
- Once an event is synced, it will not be editable inside of Assembled. If you’d like to make changes to the synced time off event in Assembled, you’ll need to cancel the original request and create a new request with the new details.
- If a time off request is edited post-approval on the Workday side, the edits will not reflect in Assembled. However, if a time off request is cancelled in Workday, it will be removed from their Assembled schedule.
- Once a new agent has been added to Assembled, it will take up to 24 hours before their time off and leave starts syncing in to Assembled.
- Full, multi-day, and leave of absence events are automated to move between Workday and Assembled. Partial-day time off (less than 8 hours) requires manager input for creation and editing. See below section for more details.
Partial time off
By default, Workday does not record the specific start or end time of partial-day time off that is requested. So, if an agent requests 4 hours off on a day, Assembled does not know which 4 hours of the day they are taking off.
When Assembled syncs in a time off request that is not a full day request, instead of being added to the schedule, it will appear in the "Pending" section of the time off requests page, visible to all leads, managers, and admins.
On this screen, managers can add the agent's intended start time. Assembled will automatically populate the end time of the time off based on the duration that was specified by the agent in Workday. Once the manager has added the information and clicked "Update time off request", the request will move to the "Approved" section within Assembled and the corresponding event will be added to the agent's schedule in Assembled.